CODE THE FUTURE
Python is a programming language. It's used all over the world by all sorts of people from professional coders to complete beginners.
It's very easy to learn. Use Python to code cool stuff with your BBC micro:bit. You can use your BBC micro:bit for all sorts of cool creations, from robots to musical instruments – the possibilities are endless. The micro:bit is a handheld, fully programmable computer being given free to every Year 7 or equivalent child across the UK. It’s 70 times smaller and 18 times faster than the original BBC Micro computers used in schools in the early 1980s.
GET STUCK IN!
- Type in your Python program in the editor
- Click ‘Download’ and save the file
- Plug in your micro:bit, it’ll show up as a USB
- Drag the saved file onto your micro:bit
- That’s it!
- from microbit import *
- ...tells MicroPython to get all the stuff it needs to work with the micro:bit.
- display.scroll("Hello, World!")
- ...tells MicroPython to use the display to scroll the string of characters “Hello, World!”.